Download The Game
Take a trip through the 80s, with this trippy “collect-em-up”, featuring online-scores and Care Bears. Based on the Spectrum game Transversion by Chris Urquhart which was published by Ocean Software in 1984.
Playing The Game
On each screen your ship begins in the centre, and you must move and collect all the 80s items that are placed around the grid.
Most levels have holes which cannot be crossed, and must be moved around.
On the four edges of the grid there are moving laser cannons, which will attempt to destroy you with their photon shots. If one of them is level with your ship, either vertically or horizontally, they will open fire. Keep moving!
There is no ingame pause, but you may have a breather between levels, or before retrying a level you have failed.
If you complete all the levels, then you will be returned to the first, but the game speed will increase.
On the title screen you can access the high-score boards using the cursor keys to move the tabs out from the sides of the screen, and to move up and down through the online scoreboard’s four pages.
Also on the title screen, you may press “S” to sync the online board with the scores on my site.
PLEASE NOTE: Some firewalls may kick off or not allow you to post your scores – please make sure you have allowed the file access to the net connection. (you may have to ALT-TAB out of the game the first time you try to sync, in order to do this.)
In game the ship is controlled via any of the following:- Cursor keys, QAOP or Joypad/Joystick.
Space bar or joystick fire button is used to start a game and also to retry a level, or move to the next level on collecting all the items on the screen.
Please read the readme.txt for more info on scoring, etc.
Changes In v1.1
* Music volume controls added.(“+” and “-” on numeric pad)
* New way of displaying score boards which will hopefully work on a wider range of graphics cards & driver versions.
* Changed screen update code to be more TFT friendly (hopefully).
* Extra life particle bug fixed.
* Added ability to use numbers and a few other chars in high scores entry… for the people who need them, hope it helps.
* High Score syncing warning on intro splash screen. PLEASE DON’T SYNC UNTIL YOU HAVE GIVEN PERMISSION IN YOUR FIREWALL FOR THE GAME TO ACCESS THE INTERNET OR THE GAME MAY LOCK-UP!
* Hopefully made the local high scores file more well protected.
* I’m sure there is more but I can’t remember….